Date PostedNov 19, 2020
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for an Art Director join the team based at our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
Responsible for executing visual marketing programs and campaigns that live in both physical and digital channels. You will be a key contributor in concepting seasonal brand stories, and fully own the visual execution through photography and final designed assets. You will lead, develop and inspire a team of in-house designers and photographers to achieve their full potential.
Brand Visual Management:
- Lead creative brainstorming sessions based on insights; take ownership of creative choices, and design positioning
- Collaborate with the brand team to develop campaign concepts from briefs and insights, pitch ideas to senior leadership
- Identify and articulate creative systems that deliver consistent visual assets and experiences across owned channels
- Present work and build alignment around visual direction and execution with key stakeholders and leadership
- Interpret creative feedback and data into visual expressions and iterative design process
- Collaborate with the Brand Operations Manager, Marketing Project Coordinator, and other cross-departmental leaders to align with production schedule
- Concept and create design systems for seasonal campaigns that support print and digital applications, including logos, typography, color pallet, graphic elements, and visual solution
- Ideate, create and develop creative campaign concepts alongside brand manager to fulfill seasonal business requirements
- Oversee and execute the Art Direction, graphic/digital design and output of visual representations
- Proactively bring forward innovative, modern and creative design thinking
- Work cross functionally with copy and content team to ensure consistency in all customer touch points
- Collaborate with external vendors or agencies in the conceptualization of photo shoots, designs and/or illustrations
- Stay abreast of industry and cultural trends, pulling these references into proactive pitches for creative initiatives and/or projects
- Set and manage creative standards for both on-form and on-body photography
- Develop and implement art direction for model interaction including posing and expression
- Develop and innovate art direction for locations, lighting, casting, styling, hair/make up and props that elevates visual brand
- Work alongside photographer in photo selection process to ensure cross channel asset needs are met
- Stay abreast of industry and cultural photography trends, pulling these references into proactive pitches for creative initiatives and/or projects
- Provide direction and feedback to your team that drives a clear creative concept, delivers on the brief, and elevates the visual direction of the brand
- Manage a team of designers, photographers and producers leading and inspiring them to deliver best in class visual assets
- Promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability.
- Identify and brief other creative resources (both internal and external) necessary to deliver a project – including but not limited to Agencies, Designers, Illustrators, Copy Writers, Videographers and Developers
- Partner with the Marketing Project Coordinator to assign and allocate internal creative resources to incoming briefs
- Be a strategic leader by identifying problems, seeking solutions and outlining key objectives
- Mentor, develop and inspire creative team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts or related field
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience as a Graphic Designer, Digital Designer or Photographer
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in a leadership role
- Highly creative and collaborative individual, with knowledge of multiple design disciplines.
- Experience and passion for conceptualizing and creating impactful campaigns
- Ability to source external suppliers that meet project timelines and established budget.
- Ability to communicate concepts and design ideas into various mediums
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and juggle multiple projects concurrently
- Self-motivated, excellent communicator, ability to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Sense of humor, positive attitude and natural ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Strong understanding of communications systems, brand development, interactive commerce, and the overall creative process
- Expert in the creative process, marketing, graphic design and brand development
- Able to work in both print and web design for integrated campaigns
- Advanced knowledge with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Excellent with user interface design and the creative industry’s best practices
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Experience in a high growth organization preferred
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Stay fit with our in-office gym
Please forward your resume and quote Art Director in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.Apply