Business Intelligence Manager
Date PostedOctober 22, 2021
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE MANAGER to join the team based at our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
Working in an Agile environment, provide leadership and support to a growing Business Intelligence team. This is a unique opportunity to build a BI roadmap at an organization where data-driven decision making is a core pillar. If you’re a visionary who can get hands-on with data architecture, we’d love to speak with you.
We believe that great people do great work regardless of location – this position can be up to 95% remote.
- Manage the Business Intelligence team and BI roadmap to support business growth
- Architect BI data models, integrations, and platforms
- Work collaboratively with business stakeholders to identify analytics opportunities and establish metrics to support insight-driven decision making
- Monitor and facilitate adoption of data culture and tools across the organization
- Ensure availability and accuracy of reports to support business operations
- Manage relationships and work items with 3rd party vendors supporting our BI platforms
- Stay up-to-date on emerging BI technologies, best practices, and trends
- Support successful team outcomes by tracking goals, participating in regular one-on-ones, and overseeing work assignments
- Support the Senior Director Information Systems by providing input into long term plans, budgets, and architecture
- Execute on the company’s technology roadmap, including annual work plans
- Support requirements gathering, planning, and sequencing of work plan items
- Continually improve quality and reliability of data to support decision making
- Create, approve, and track project budgets, ensuring alignment to the department budget
- Oversee Agile ceremonies including sprint planning, retrospectives, demos, and training
- Work closely with functional leaders in Finance, Operations, and Ecommerce to deliver on common goals
- Provide business context, motivate, and inspire your team to achieve their best
- Provide mentorship, coaching, and career development opportunities to your team
- Foster a fun, engaging, and supportive team environment that celebrates success
- Degree or Diploma in computer science, BI, or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing a BI team
- Minimum 5 years’ hands-on experience as a BI Developer or Architect
- Experience with one or more of: Tableau, QlikView, QlikSense
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability to change
- High degree of responsibility and attention to detail
- Proven track record of delivering collaborative and business-focused solutions
- Background as a Data Architect
- Experience building a data lake
- Experience in the retail or apparel industry
- Agile certification, ideally Scrum
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Stay fit with our in-office gym
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE MANAGER in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.Apply