Date PostedApril 16, 2021
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Supply Planner to join the team. This role can work remotely anywhere within Canada.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
Be responsible for deciding how much new finished goods inventory is manufactured, and when, to meet the financial goals of the business and to protect the business from accruing aged inventory. The role will drive KPI improvement on Supply in Full and On Time and at the right cost (SIFOT), Just-In-Time inventory (JIT), Inventory Turns and Never-Out-of-Stock inventory (NOOS).
It will create and maintain an Open-To-Buy model providing Finance and Production a rolling 2-year visibility on anticipated volume by month, category, and manufacturer. It will leverage a suite of inputs including Product Financial Plan, Cash-flow, Production Lead Time calendar, Demand Plan, Stock on Hand, Product Lifecycle, Closing Inventory targets, Manufacturing Capacity Plan and Safety Stock strategy.
This role partners with Production, Logistics, Sales and Demand Planning to develop procurement strategies that will minimize risk and optimize opportunities without compromising service levels and manufacturer requirements. For example, planning long-lead-time (LLT) greige commitments, minimum order quantities (MOQs), mark-ups, excess fabric solutions, consolidated buy opportunities. The role is responsible for creating finished goods purchase orders for Production to take forward with the manufacturers.
The role is also responsible for having a deep understanding of Key Retailer and Market Place service needs, engaging with Sales and Logistics to plan supply intentionally to relocate Value-Added-Services to manufacturers, thereby reducing costs and creating handling efficiency gains.
Effectively planning finished goods supply: volume, frequency, and timing:
- Being the expert on the impact procurement has on cash-flow.
- With input from Production, understand Lead Time Calendar, Long Lead Time commitments, manufacturer capacity.
- Providing each monthly a rolling long-range Open-To-Buy plan to Production prior to buy placement.
- Consulting and communicating firm commitment dates with Planning, Sales and Brand.
- Deciding and communicating seasonally how frequently a style-color will be manufactured.
- Providing a buy-plan for greige buys to help shorten lead times, secure materials, and prevent price jumps mid-season.
- Consulting and deciding monthly what style-colors will (and will not) be purchased globally for a specific sales window to address KPIs, optimize fabric and factory production volume, maximize FCL shipping and avoid mark-ups.
- Offsetting stock on hand and in transit to calculate new firmed purchases. Optimizing flow by consolidating or splitting buys depending on a product’s lifecycle classifications, for example Core and Fashion.
- Collaborate with Production and Planning to evaluate shared fabric opportunities and resolve issues with Style-Color MOQs.
- Placing firmed purchase orders for finished goods.
- Monitoring that global 3PL inventory is planned to appropriate closing target level, protecting the business from accruing aged inventory and excessive storage costs.
- Adjusting future supply plan to respond to in-season market trends that over or under perform to Demand Plan expectations.
- Collaborating with Inventory Specialist and Analysts to understand trends and reflect those trends in the Supply Plan.
- Maintaining the Division Date in Logon to protect Sales from ordering over and above planned supply.
- Maintaining the Qlikview Inventory module software as the primary Supply Planning tool, adapting to new software solutions as required.
Effectively planning supply for Key Retailers and Market Places:
- Consulting with Sales, Logistics and Production to identify opportunities to move services into manufacturers.
- Calculating and creating bespoke purchase orders for Key Retailers and Market Places.
- Communicating bespoke purchases to Logistics to help them plan how to segment inbounds on receipt.
- Sourcing and supplying accessories that manufacturers need to apply Value Added Services, for example price tickets or custom hangers.
- Calculating 3PL packaging and hang tag supply needs seasonally, communicating to Production to include in global packaging order to ensure that 3PLs never run out of stock.
Policy and process improvement, target setting and reporting:
- Creating reports for management against JIT, inventory turns, SIFOT and NOOS KPIs.
- Creating reports for management on the Open-To-Buy model.
- Collaborating with Director Demand Planning to establish Fashion Buffer, Core Safety Stock and Phase out inventory targets.
- Monitoring target effectiveness and seeking continuous process improvements.
- Establishing effective communication methods to build trusting relationships cross-departmentally with key stakeholders.
- College degree in business, economics, applied science or related field.
- At least 3+ years of related experience working in Supply Planning or Production Planning or equivalent Supply Chain position, preferably in apparel industry.
- Knowledge of supply chain management, global distribution practices, inventory management, business, economics, basic accounting, statistics, and project management methodologies is desired.
- APICS or other forecasting Certification preferred.
- Strong technical data management. Mastery of Excel is required.
- Advanced mathematical and analytical skills and strong business acumen.
- Strong organizational skills, high sense of ownership and accountability, excellent attention to detail, and exceptional time management skills.
- Proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Flexibility in managing competing priorities and changing expectations while achieving results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills including written, verbal, listening and presentation.
- Highly flexible, patient, and adaptable when faced with ambiguity, but not afraid to take a decision and communicate that decision effectively.
- Ability to write and present detailed inventory reports.
- Ability to prioritize, balance immediate, short to long term tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to think around a problem and bring recommendations.
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea at Vancouver headquarters
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at Vancouver our headquarters
- Stay fit with our in-office gym in Vancouver
Please forward your resume and quote Supply Planner in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.Apply