Director, eCommerce Operations
Date PostedMay 6, 2021
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Director, eCommerce Operations to join the team based at our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
Be responsible for leading a team that delivers an innovative and engaging customer experience, develops strategic direction, expands desktop and mobile capabilities, establishes and manages the end-to-end digital product roadmap, and drives day to day ecommerce operations. The ideal candidate will enjoy leading within an entrepreneurial environment, being equally comfortable driving strategy and being in the details of the business.
The eCommerce Dept. works cross-functionally to drive the growth of website traffic, conversion and to enhance consumer experiences to foster acquisition, loyalty and retention.
Product Catalogue & Merchandising:
- Own the strategic planning for merchandising including scoping all support tools and seasonal planning worldwide
- Partner with the Digital Marketing team to ensure merchandising plans are in lock step to support marketing initiatives and GTM calendar
- Provide merchandising recommendations on storefronts based on turn rates of stock and seasonality around the world
Website Development & UX/UI:
- Drive a comprehensive roadmap for building a global Digital Commerce platform
- Lead Product Ownership and steer Sprint planning while overseeing the Web Development team
- Align roadmap and requirement needs for various countries with short- and long-term platform enhancements
- Oversee county-specific integrations on the digital platforms
- Partner with IT and external resources to scope support needs and prioritize resources for site functionality improvements and user experience
- Own the ticketing system and infrastructure for integrating an idea from concept to execution through JIRA for maximum efficiency
- Obsess about the user experience and lead continuous site optimization across all digital commerce platforms
- Analyze market and user group trends to improve experience and business performance.
- Oversee the purchase decisions to support our forecasts as it relates to investments in Product for both owned site and marketplaces worldwide
- Own the KPIs related to weeks on hand inventory, sell through, and return rates across digital channels to identify any trends to the relevant teams
- Report on category and sell through trends to inform future depth and breadth of assortments to executive leadership team in GTM process
- Provide insight and reporting based on customer purchase decisions, trends, product segmentation, basket analysis, and competitor product analysis
Strategic Team Leadership:
- Work across the entire organization to execute the eCommerce Operations plan and serve the company’s needs
- Take pride in owning the digital experience of our Brand and hold all efforts to a high standard
- Lead, manage and motivate your direct team to continued success
- BS or BA degree required; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in leadership roles within consumer Digital Commerce
- Demonstrated success enhancing site functionality and design in order to improve user experience and conversion
- Experience driving SEO and other organic tactics
- Understanding of digital commerce infrastructure/architecture
- A passion/obsession for “what’s next...” in eCommerce, mobile, social shopping, etc., with the ability to integrate current trends into the business quickly
- Results-driven with proven strategic planning skills and the ability to use analytics to drive business growth
- Ability to balance “art and science” - brand management and data analysis
- Desire to lead from front, but also “roll-up sleeves” and dig in
- Excellent managerial and teambuilding skills; able to manage up, down and across the organization
- Ability to effortlessly partner with and influence other leaders and teammates while gaining credibility by experience and leadership style
- Fluent in Web and Project Management tools; Shopify, Google Analytics, JIRA, Asana
- A results-driven entrepreneur who is a servant leader
- Be a dynamic, forward-thinking leader with a track record of success at companies where Digital Commerce is an innate part of the business and/or a key growth strategy
- Have a background in building operationally elegant processes and procedures to support a growing Digital Commerce business
- Have a credible understanding of technology infrastructure and know-how to leverage it to support business and brand objectives
- Be highly motivated for continuous improvement in user and site experience and generating terrific business results
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Stay fit with our in-office gym
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote Director, eCommerce Operations in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.Apply