Director of Global Logistics
Date PostedSeptember 23, 2021
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Director of Global Logistics to join the team based at our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
Be responsible for developing and implementing an international logistics and distribution strategy, adopting a data-driven approach to optimize customers experience, maximize cost and operational efficiencies and drive improvements on sustainability. The role is responsible for transportation from vendor to warehouse, for customs brokerage and duty recovery, warehouse services and delivery to customers and returns. The role will establish a supply chain network of logistics partnerships that optimize the movement of goods. The role will partner with the Production team to provide guidance on tariff and trade agreement opportunities of new product category and shipping lanes. The role is responsible for the accuracy and effectiveness of freight and duty assumptions in margin calculation, and for the preparation and execution of the annual warehouse and distribution budgets.
- Developing a global logistics strategy that delivers product in full, on time, with the right service at the right cost, embedding principles of sustainability at its core.
- Expanding supply chain through a network partnership strategy to optimize transportation, warehousing and distribution, inter-warehouse and cross-border inventory movements.
- Analyzing all aspects of corporate logistics, ensuring fulfillment and transportation decisions are data-driven.
- Budgeting and executing transportation, duty and fulfillment spend.
- Leading new service provider selection and review processes.
- Monitoring service provider KPI performance to maximize supply chain efficiency and sustainability.
- Plan and execute peak season warehouse fulfillment operations within KPI.
- Developing new inbound and outbound services to support evolving needs such as consolidation, same/next day delivery, returns, duty drawback.
- Leading and inspiring a team of Logistics Managers and Coordinators, promoting a culture of learning and continuous improvement across the logistics function.
- Ensuring service provider compliance with company policies and procedures for transit, delivery, sustainability, and data privacy.
- Identifying new or improved technology solutions such as automated systems and EDI.
- Working with the Production team to plan and implement improvements to internal and external logistics systems and vendor integration.
- Working with the Production team to develop, manage, and maintain supply chain-based performance measurement systems.
- Creating policies and procedures for logistics activities, including customs brokerage.
- Improving efficiency, recording, publishing, and minimizing the environmental impact of logistics activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or a related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in supply chain.
- A minimum of 5 years team management experience.
- Experience of operating in an ecommerce environment.
- Experience of optimizing international shipping lanes from Asia and South America to North America.
- Experience of intermodal network optimization within North America.
- Experience of operating multiple warehouse locations globally.
- Experience implementing new 3PL arrangements and managing third-party relations, cost and performance.
- Thorough understanding of international shipping and customs documentation for import and export.
- Thorough understanding of 3PL warehousing and fulfillment operations and commercial relationships.
- Advanced knowledge of logistics related software and technology systems such as WMS, Shipping Systems, OMS.
- Track record of executing high-value, highly strategic international operations and logistics projects and building new solutions from the bottom-up.
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Stay fit with our in-office gym
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote Director of Global Logistics in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.Apply