Financial Analyst - Financial Planning & Analysis
Date PostedApril 30, 2021
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Financial Analyst - Financial Planning & Analysis to join the team based at our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
Support the SAXX Team in carrying out analyses pertaining to eCommerce performance and help deliver clear actionable insights to the business.
Reporting to the Senior Analyst – FP&A, the Financial Analyst is responsible for overseeing the execution of all financial planning and analysis activities for the global Ecommerce business. He/She will be responsible for budgeting, forecasting, variance reporting and analysis for ecommerce operations and effectively communicating results to enhance and enable decision making, as a key strategic partner to the operational team.
You are results-oriented, hard driving, have a knack for asking the tough questions while having the analytical ability to validate the answers.
You demonstrate a positive can-do attitude, work well in teams, and enjoy solving complex problems.
You will cross functionally communicate heavily with e-Commerce, Digital Marketing and Brand teams staying in lock step. You are full of ideas, organized, and love eCommerce analytics.
- Key strategic partner to the Ecommerce Operations, Digital Marketing and Omnichannel teams. Monitoring CAN, USA and International market performance and provide financial ownership over the P&L
- Performing financial analysis around sales trends, traffic and growth driver trends, and operating costs
- Working cross functionally with the Ecommerce team on monitoring key performance indicators, budgeting and planning, management reporting, and financial analytics, and assisting in business decisions
- Preparing analysis on weekly, period end and quarter end financial results
- Maintaining complex financial models
- Participating in cross-functional initiatives and ad-hoc projects to provide financial analysis for decision support
- Create accurate and timely financial reporting to build a cohesive data story that interpret trends with actionable insights.
- Manage dashboards and produce visualizations to effectively communicate findings and business recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Oversee the financial planning processes and provide budgeting and forecasting support.
- Identify, measure and continually review key financial performance metrics on regular cadence.
- Develop an appropriate tagging strategy to capture the necessary KPIs and metrics and verify accurate data collection.
- Monitor and review department spending and expense.
- Maintain working knowledge of industry best practices and changes in analytics platform performance.
- Prepare standardized reporting requests.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests as needed.
- Implement best practices and processes to guard data integrity.
- University Degree or equivalent in finance, statistics, business or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in eCommerce financial analysis
- 3+ years of related business experience, ideally with proven experience in forecasting, budgeting
- Superior knowledge of Excel and data modelling techniques
- Power BI, SQL, and/or Tableau Work experience
- Strong understanding of Shopify, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager or other similar web platforms will be an asset
- Passionate about data and analytics
- Proven ability to interpret and synthesize data into intelligent business decisions
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to problem solve and seek out solutions
- Detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple complex projects
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal
- Flexible team player who’s comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Stay fit with our in-office gym
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote Financial Analyst - Financial Planning & Analysis in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.Apply