Email & SMS Marketing Specialist
- Date: Posted Feb 02, 2023
- Location: Vancouver (or Remote), Canada
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Term: Full Time
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for an Email & SMS Marketing Specialist to join the digital marketing team in Vancouver, BC or remote within Canada. This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX was ranked #1 men’s boxer brief brand in the USA and listed as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators 2022!
THE EMAIL & SMS MARKETING SPECIALIST WILL….
Plan, develop, deploy, and optimize new and existing Email & SMS marketing campaigns. Your role will be both strategic and hands-on. As an individual, you have a knack for asking the tough questions and have the analytical ability to validate the answers. You have a good understanding of the end-to-end process of email and SMS marketing: from strategizing, building audiences, setting up tests to analyzing post-deployment performance and implementing optimizations. You demonstrate a positive can-do attitude, work well in teams and a fast-paced environment, and enjoy solving complex problems.
- Plan, develop, deploy, and optimize new and existing Email and SMS marketing campaigns, including strategy, segmentation, targeting, testing, acquisition, reporting, and optimization
- Manage the relationship of the email building team via our Agency of Record
- Oversee and participate in the email QA process within SAXX
- Optimize automated Email and SMS journeys to improve repeat rate, increase LTV and convert subscribers to loyal customers
- Build out targeting and audience strategies through our ESP and Segment (CDP) to ensure Email and SMS campaigns are as personalized as possible (customer lifecycle segmentation, affinity-based targeting)
- Build and execute on an Email and SMS A/B testing strategy to continuously improve campaign performance
- Lead the execution of the email merchandising strategy by utilizing in-platform AI capabilities
- Implement new automated email and SMS journeys to grow channel revenue
- Optimize Email program UX by applying UX best practices (mobile-first approach)
- Optimize and overhaul our preference center to allow subscribers to select their preferred method of communication
- Work alongside the Digital Marketing team to draft creative briefs that enable designers to bring the vision for each email campaign to life
- Track and analyze weekly and monthly KPIs against established industry benchmarks and share key learnings with business stakeholders
- Support first-party data growth by building out new lead-generation tactics and touchpoints.
- Own the email list cleaning process (purge email addresses and delete inactive subscribers)
- Support with future email cross promotions, advancement of features and capabilities while staying current with industry best practices and competitor programs
- Support the reviews and loyalty program through automated email and SMS communication and improve loyalty program communication
- Assist with the implementation and adoption of new technologies (industry trends)
- University Degree or equivalent in marketing, business, communication, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in an eCommerce email marketing specialist role. SMS experience is a strong asset
- 2+ years of experience completing data-driven analyses through Google Analytics/ESP that deliver value and generated revenue within an eCommerce organization (performance of emails, monthly reports and insights)
- Strong understanding of customer acquisition, retention, and lifetime value and frequency management
- Ability to identify and track Email and SMS marketing trends and best practices including content strategies, journey mapping, targeting, segmentation, and A/B testing
- Experience with automation systems, ESPs, CDP platforms and web analytics
- Knowledge of and experience using Listrak and/or Klaviyo is an asset
- Experience managing loyalty programs and product data feeds is an asset
- Highly detail oriented with a data-driven approach to work
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Google Analytics
- Process-oriented with the ability and desire to managing multiple ongoing projects using both Excel and Project management tools
- Experience with Asana is a strong asset
- Ability to confidently adapt and focus under pressure to adjust to changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proactive problem solver with the ability to seek out creative solutions
- Collaborative team player who thrives in a fast-paced, results-oriented, changing environment
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At SAXX we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace community, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote Email & SMS Marketing Specialist in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!