Junior Product Developer
Date PostedMarch 23, 2022
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Junior Product Developer to join the team based at our Portland office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
THE JUNIOR PRODUCT DEVELOPER WILL….
The Junior Product Developer position supports in the Product Creation process of innovative and technical socks, underwear, and apparel, ensuring timely development and execution of the highest level of quality required to deliver product that meets SAXX standards. To be successful in this role the Junior Product Developer must be attentive to detail and quality, results-oriented, have strong written and verbal communication skills, and develop excellent relationships with vendors and internal business partners.
- Approve, communicate, track, and document all bulk material and TOP submits with vendor partners.
- Maintain all style files and sample libraries associated with the seasonal product assortment.
- Prepare garments for fit sessions and assist Product Development in live model fittings. Support in the post fit session communication with detailed construction notes, specific adjustments and updated technology packs to ensure product fit and quality.
- Assist in the SMU and licensed product process including costing, sampling, special packaging development and final approvals. Coordinate sample delivery with sales and marketing. Ensure products are accurately commercialized and all assets are delivered on time.
- Manage the tracking and delivery of seasonal photo and salesmen samples. Communicate with overseas vendors to ensure samples are received on time. Review samples with design, manage and communicate changes with factories, Sales, and Marketing.
- Maintain style specific data in PLM system. Ensuring all entry is accurate and timely.
- Understand requirements for compliance to brand, regulatory, and other country-specific standards and ensure these are executed in product.
- Establish solid partnerships with new and existing vendors thru clear and concise communication and direction.
- Bachelor's degree in Apparel Design, Textiles, Manufacturing, Merchandising; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 2 years in the apparel industry specifically in product development, garment manufacturing, technical design or quality assurance.
- Proficient skills required in Microsoft Office Excel, Adobe Illustrator. Experience and skills in a Product Lifecycle Management system preferred.
- Understands the apparel product development process and has a basic knowledge of fit, construction and manufacturing processes.
- High Accuracy Level: ability to deliver accurate data on a timely basis.
- Honest/Integrity: does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right. Speaks plainly and truthfully
- Ability to travel overseas required.
WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US:
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs in our design studio
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. There may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote Junior Product Developer in the subject line. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.Apply