- Date Posted Aug 15, 2022
- Location Vancouver, Canada
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Term Full Time
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a LOGISTICS COORDINATOR to join our team based in our Vancouver office location in a Hybrid work environment. As a growing business, SAXX needs people that can adapt and evolve to the needs of our business and analyze and respond to our business needs. This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX was ranked #1 men’s boxer brief brand in the USA.
THE LOGISTICS COORDINATOR WILL…
Report to either the Manager of International Logistics or the Manager of Logistics Services and support the execution of logistics functions ensuring that our products are shipped in full and on time from factories (SIFOT) and delivered in full and on time to customers (DIFOT).
We work in a fast-paced environment, rolling up our sleeves to build something bigger than ourselves. You must be comfortable working within a small and dynamic team, be able to communicate effectively, juggle multiple priorities, proactively solve problems, identify, and communicate risk, and deliver against deadlines. This is a hands-on position which will require the application of strategic thinking, risk management, and the execution of day-to-day operations. Other duties may arise from time to time and as a team, we look to support each other. SAXX works with suppliers in Asia and South America and delivers products to customers to North America, Asia, Europe, and the United Kingdom.
- Coordinate and manage logistics for first mile (supplier to warehouse) and/or last mile (warehouse to customers) to ensure goods are delivered as economically and efficiently as possible
- Manage all processes related to the shipment and/or the delivery of product, monitoring performance of different Logistic Services Providers, ensuring compliance with customs requirements to ensure the seamless transportation of goods
- Build strong relationships and proactively communicate with internal stakeholders (Production, Sourcing, Operations, Sales and Finance) and external stakeholders (multiple 3PL partners, regulatory bodies and/or freight forwarders in each region) to ensure the timely release of products to maintain service level targets
- Support the replenishment and planning actions of products to maintain inventory levels that cover demand of a commercial area and identify and escalate supply risks and shortages
- Support the shipping and receiving functions as applicable and the onboarding of new factories, customers, or new sales programs
- Perform tasks derived from quality issues, recalls, relabelling and initiate and/or report deviations within the ERP system and external systems
- Capable of using analytics and quantitative methods to ensure inventory and shipments are deployed most effectively through the Supply Chain to minimize redeployment, keep transportation costs low and maximize customer fulfillment
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) and vendor guides for the organization
- Review, validate and approve logistics invoices and costs for payment and address billing discrepancies/corrections with third party vendors as needed
- 2+ years working experience within supply chain, operations, or a logistics service provider
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or equivalent
- Ability to think "outside the box", thrive in a fast-paced environment and work effectively under time constraints and deliver results by critical deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to simplify complex issues and topics
- Ability to network internally and externally to build strong and collaborative partnerships
- Ability to lead through influence, utilize business acumen to determine best course of action and trade-offs, and utilize excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate decisions and resolve conflicts
- Excellent PC Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously
Why WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote LOGISITCS COORDINATOR in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!