Date PostedJuly 7, 2021
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Logistics Coordinator to join the team based at our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
Execute global transportation, brokerage services and duty declaration for international shipments including inbound shipments from vendors to 3PL’s and head office shipping, to ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time in a cost-effective manner with the correct paperwork. The role executes transportation solutions, maximizing ocean and ground transit routes. It ensures compliance with international trade regulations and SAXX’s standard operating procedures. The role is responsible for maintaining accurate Merchandize Receipt information in ERP system as well as validating Freight and Duty impact on Cost of Goods for accounting.
International Shipping and Importing:
- Executing global transportation and import services from vendors to delivery locations, including office shipping, at the request of internal stakeholders and third-party vendors.
- Identifying optimal shipping methods, lanes and container sizes, escalating expedited shipping requests to Manager as appropriate.
- Escalating and communicating shipment delays, risks and mitigation opportunities to Manager and key stakeholders.
- Resolving challenges concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports and exports in a positive fashion.
- Engaging Production, where appropriate, to maximize expediting or consolidation opportunities.
- Validating, submitting, and archiving commercial paperwork for vendor payment, customs clearance, duty drawback and audit purposes, including Free Trade Certificates.
- Ensuring customs and VAT entries are accurate and compliant.
- Complying with international trade laws and regulations as well as SAXX standard operating procedures.
- Providing shipping advice and arranging freight solutions to support internal stakeholders upon request.
- Creating and updating policies and standard operating procedures for international shipping activities.
Merchandize Receipt Lifecycle Administration:
- Administer the Merchandize Receipt lifecycle in ERP including creation, status updates, detail uploading and changes, cost updates, date management, receiving.
- Having a clear understanding of the strategic priority of shipments and requested delivery dates.
- Tracking supply delays, risks and receipt variances and collaborate with Planning and Production to create solutions, escalating to Manager where appropriate.
- Proactive communication of changes in delivery dates to key stakeholders.
- Administering paperwork and inventory accuracy for cross-border stock transfers.
Inventory Management, Cost Control and Accounting:
- Uploading, maintaining and receiving MRs to ensure accurate visibility for customers and accuracy of inventory in the ERP system.
- Validating inbound freight, duty, brokerage and head office shipping invoices and allocating costs of goods sold (freight/duty/tax).
- Completing month-end tasks on time and with high degree of accuracy.
- Meeting cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets.
- To monitor, control and manage operations to meet customer expectations and company goals.
- To assist Manager in day-to-day coordination and execution of business operational activities.
- To maintain strong inter-departmental relationships.
- To identify problems in operations process and escalate to Manager in timely manner.
- To create or maintain clear and accurate standard operations procedures and ensure compliance.
- Minimum 3-year’s experience in international shipping, with knowledge of transportation and brokerage.
- Experience of importing, including preparing and auditing commercial paperwork being submitted to customs.
- Experience of FCL and LCL shipping lanes from Asia to North America.
- Demonstrated high attention to detail, methodical approach to documentation.
- Demonstrated high level of organizational skills, communication and time management.
- Excel to intermediary level.
- Working knowledge of ERP software.
- Multi-tasking ability to work with little supervision and keep multiple processes on track.
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Stay fit with our in-office gym
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote Logistics Coordinator in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.Apply