Trade Compliance Manager
Date PostedAugust 11, 2022
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Manager of Trade Compliance to join the team based at our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX was ranked #1 men’s boxer brief brand in the USA.
THE MANAGER OF TRADE COMPLIANCE WILL….
Play an essential role in growing our inhouse expertise for trade and customs compliance to support our product and sourcing diversification and growth strategy.
- Lead and implement company trade compliance objectives relating to import and export control, customs compliance, and trade security.
- Monitor and review export/import regulations on a regular basis to make sure SAXX remains compliant within the global marketplace.
- Develop and implement import/export audit protocols and related entry adjustments for the business as needed and implement a customs compliance manual.
- Manage and further develop compliance monitoring tools and KPI targets.
- Investigate root cause of service failures and implement corrective actions.
- Evaluate opportunities to leverage trade agreements and other duty reduction programs.
- Effectively translate objectives into local country/regional initiatives in coordination with business stakeholders.
- Maintain Harmonized System (HS) Tariff Codes for correct classification of all finished and purchased goods Liaise with Customs Brokers coordinating associated activities.
- Manage the process of qualifying finished goods and components to various free trade agreements (e.g., CUSMA, CETA, etc.)
- Maintain applicable trade compliance records per regulatory requirements and oversees any trade compliance audits by government agencies such as Canada Border Services Agency, Canada Revenue Agency, US Customs and Border Protection, etc. as it relates to import/export activities in collaboration with the Finance Team and any business streams.
- Collaborate with business partners to effectively execute customs release of international inbound shipments to achieve delivery “on time, in full”.
- Lead communication with Sourcing, Operations, Logistics and Finance teams related to Customs requirement and regulation.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to execute all necessary duties related to month/quarter/year end closures and reporting.
- Respond to and assist with problems or questions that may come up concerning any exports or imports.
- Other duties as assigned and directed.
- Completion of International Transportation and Trade course required. Working towards completion of CIFFA Certificate preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years industry experience in product compliance/Trade compliance.
- Current knowledge of the regulations, policies, and laws affecting international trade, compliance, and logistics.
- Analytical and detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in commonly used software such as Microsoft Office.
- Experience liaising with Customs Brokers to coordinate associated activities.
- Outstanding ability to understand a product life cycle and partner strategically with key business stakeholders.
Why WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing.
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account.
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style.
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community.
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating.
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals.
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea.
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters.
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym.
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary
Please forward your resume and quote Manager of Trade Compliance in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!