Senior Director, eCommerce
Date PostedAugust 16, 2022
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a SENIOR DIRECTOR, ECOMMERCE to join the team based at our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX was ranked #1 men’s boxer brief brand in the USA.
THE SENIOR DIRECTOR, ECOMMERCE WILL….
The Senior Director of eCommerce will focus on revenue driving initiatives for all SAXX digital commerce as well as own the eCommerce end to end customer experience and daily operations of SAXX owned websites. This person plays a key role in driving the growth of our direct channels while delivering against our financial targets through driving growth KPIs such as traffic, conversion and AOV.
They will be highly cross-functional actioning the departments workplan through the immediate team: digital marketing, eCommerce, customer care as well as other company divisions: Brand, Operations, IT, and Finance.
Strategy, Execution and P&L Management
- Support development of 5-year strategy/workplans and budgets to drive maximum operational and revenue growth potential.
- Provide leadership and direction to the team on all aspects of the yearly workplans and effectively manage workload, vendors, and all projects.
- Manage all owned site(s) P&L; achieve top line and bottom-line results. Optimize the advertising budget/spend for digital marketing & promotional programs to maximize ROAS.
- Support the development and lead the execution of the seasonal ecommerce and digital marketing strategy for key retail moments and necessary sales mitigations, ensure all projects support the owned site(s) and marketplace(s) channel growth respectively.
- Develop, measure, and track the KPIs for success across the D2C organization and its members. Further a culture obsessed with these success factors while determining the necessary levers to improve them within the business.
- Continually analyze and recommend tactics to drive top-line growth and profitability for the D2C channels.
- Research industry trends, seeking opportunities to fuel business growth.
- Initiate strategic enhancements/upgrades with business systems and workflow that will improve process and efficiency.
- Report pertinent learnings to key stakeholders in GTM post-mortems and ad hoc as required.
- Partner with Operations and shepherd the privacy and compliance regulations and standards through the eCommerce division adhering to the highest worldwide practices protecting our customers’ data.
- Lead the annual budgeting and forecasting process and development for eCommerce and Digital Marketing P&L.
Product Ownership, Online Content and Customer Experience
- Oversees a simple and scalable tech stack and the key vendor relationships particularly those relating to Front End Platform and integrations to other departments.
- Drives the site vision into a technical and commercial roadmap that is aligned to our financial & brand goals.
- Obsess about the user experience and oversee continuous site optimizations across all digital commerce platforms protecting path to purchase and brand integrity.
- Lead the design of all wireframes powering the KPIs for the customers’ experience greasing the path to purchase for maximum CR, UPT and AOV.
- Guide where product education lives in the customer journey related to product technology and features to improve CR and decrease the need for customer care support.
- Influence website content and SEO strategy to support the customer shopping journey, customer service journey, and SERP.
- Oversee the personalization and localization of our owned websites to support our business worldwide ensuring solutions are scalable with best-in-class UX/UI.
- Oversees the eCommerce Customer Service team, directing improvements to customer satisfaction with the ecommerce experience.
Assortment Planning, Inventory and Merchandising
- Oversee the development of online assortment strategy for all eCommerce regions for new category and product launches as well as EOL moments.
- Partner with Demand Planning to maintain and track appropriate seasonal sell through and pivoting merchandising strategies to ensure proper SKU productivity by channel.
- Lead strategies for EOL products through all DTC channels coordinating with wholesale to maintain omni-channel price integrity.
- Influence AI merchandising strategy to support data driven merchandising factoring in inventory depth to maximize sell through efficiency (such as YMAL).
- Be a key stakeholder in the implementation of seasonal paid digital marketing calendar(s) that link sales, product plans and marketing initiatives across all sales channels.
- Leverage insights from post-campaign/program ROI analysis to make recommendations on future actions based on results to increase sales, subscriber growth, AOV, NCA. LTV, CAC and repeat rate.
- Oversee and manage paid spend allocation to ensure profitability targets are met.
- Ensure Loyalty programs are built to drive improved revenue and margin performance while better engaging our customers through long term relationships.
- Leverage CDP data and performance analytics to accelerate improvements in overall marketing efficiency and customer acquisition.
- Manage the appropriate 3rd party vendors and tech stack for Personalization, CRM, ESP and AOR to scale efficient growth and facilitate learning and development.
Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Summarize salient data points for online business; website performance trends, marketplaces and provide narrative for ongoing, day-to-day performance across digital marketing relative to spend and revenue forecasts.
- Design and make available to stakeholders’ dashboards and real-time data for the owned websites empowering executives with sell through data such as first purchased products, product journey over a customer’s lifetime etc.
- Lead, empower and motivate your direct team to continued success ensuring all team members have robust development plans to support learning and development in their respective career paths.
- Assess, develop, and elevate the capabilities of the team to create a high performing, best in class ecommerce team.
- 10+ years related experience in eCommerce and Digital Marketing
- BS/BA college degree required; MBA preferred
- Proven ability leading a team within a high-growth Direct to Consumer business.
- Must have strong skills in strategy and planning, budget and P&L management, forecasting, merchandising, customer experience, digital marketing, and vendor selection and management
- Understanding of Amazon a bonus
- Expert knowledge and skill with data, data management, data activation and statistics, particularly as it relates to eCommerce and consumer analytics
- Demonstrated success enhancing site functionality and design in order to improve user experience and conversion
- Have a credible understanding of technology infrastructure and expertise to leverage it to support business and brand objectives
- Proven leadership, team management and development skills derived from having responsibility for building and managing a cohesive, high-performing team
- Desire to lead from front, but also “roll-up sleeves” and dig in
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate complex digital concepts to a non-digital audience
- Highly collaborative across different stakeholders in a matrixed environment
Why WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote SENIOR DIRECTOR, ECOMMERCE in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!