Date PostedNovember 17, 2021
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Sourcing Manager to join the team based at our Portland office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
Develop and execute strategic and tactical global source plans that align with SAXX values and high growth rate while balancing cost, quality, and delivery performance. They will be responsible for sourcing new vendors to support demand increases, product category shifts, brand extensions and innovations in technology, across the company’s product categories. They will think strategically on how to build flexibility into the source base to balance tariffs, shipping lane challenges and material supplier adjacencies in their decision making. They will be responsible for the SAXX’s Code of Conduct and ensure factories adherence.
- Define, develop, and lead sourcing strategies and initiatives that will contribute to and elevate the global supply base, support brand growth, achieve or exceed margin goals on a consolidated basis and ensure back up resources for poor performance risks.
- Ensure sourcing strategies support product margin targets per product category using a variety of tools including alternative sourcing, vendor negotiations and internal feedback during the product development process.
- Source and identify new suppliers to provide placement options for new product categories as defined on the long term product road map.
- Partner with the Materials and Design teams pre-season to build a fabric and supplier strategy to include new fabrics, trims, construction and washes as needed.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners in Product Development to build a seasonal assortment allocation that leverages the capabilities of the supply base, achieves margin targets and maintains or improves quality.
- Collaborate with the SAXX Production, Demand Planning and Finance teams to create short and long-range capacity plans to align with the 5-year product financial plan and maximize supply partner capabilities.
- Develop and cultivate strong partnerships with best-in-class suppliers and provide constructive feedback where appropriate to improve performance and foster growth. Ensure all suppliers comply with relevant local laws respecting human rights, health and safety of all employees and the environment.
- Collect and analyze data and metrics to summarize sourcing opportunities, results and accomplishments for continuous improvement.
- Partner with Product Development, Production and Quality teams to resolve complex problems related to the suppliers including quality, cost and production lead-time challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years experience in Sourcing, Product Development or Manufacturing.
- The ability to influence across different cultures and leadership levels.
- Knowledge of global apparel supply chain.
- Previous experience with onsite overseas factory visits.
- In depth understanding of the apparel business.
- Strategic thinking and enterprise mindset.
- Strong planning and organizing stills.
- Effective comunicator and strong negotiator.
- Ability to lead and influence leaders and teammates without direct authority.
- Highly collaborative with proven ability to work with various stakeholders, both internal and external, with multiple competing priorities to create a shared vision.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 3 times per year.
- Proficiency and working knowledge of Apparel and Materials Product Data Management systems and tools a plus.
- Proficiency using standard office software tools (e.g. Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote Sourcing Manager in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.Apply