Talent Acquisition Manager
Date PostedAugust 19, 2022
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Manager of Talent Acquisition to join the team based at our Vancouver office location with access to hyper flexible remote working.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX was ranked #1 men’s boxer brief brand in the USA and listed as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators 2022!
THE Manager of Talent Acquisition WILL….
be responsible for full cycle recruitment and contribute to the development of innovative and progressive recruitment strategies, and the provision of people centred business partnership across all areas of the SAXX organization. This role will oversee and drive all aspects of talent acquisition, including sourcing, engagement, interviewing and closing; manages all relationships with external recruitment partners and will serve as manager and mentor to a HR Generalist with a hybrid portfolio (60% recruitment).
You are a thought leader, a problem solver and a partner to all.
- Conduct comprehensive intake meetings with each hiring manager to fully understand the role requirements, core competencies, how those fit with business objectives.
- Build candidate pools via initiatives tied to sourcing, employer brand, referrals, agency partners, industry contracts, and any other channels suitable for driving high quality diverse candidates.
- Effectively manage the inbound flow of internal and external candidate applications including referrals
- Evaluate candidates based on values and competency framework and run a comprehensive end-to-end selection process including a facilitated debrief and support the hiring manager with the decision-making process.
- Ensure high quality candidate and customer (internal stakeholder) experience by providing transparency and progress updates on a regular cadence.
- Provide mentorship and management to a HR Generalist with a majority recruitment support portfolio
- Provides talent acquisition advice and guidance to business leaders and other stakeholders across the business. Works closely with the business throughout the talent attraction process to provide consistent communication and incredible client service
- Proactively researches best practice, trends, and employment legislation. Identifies opportunities to develop enhanced, streamlined practices and procedures for delivery of all talent acquisition services
- Ensure proper compliance with all talent related employment laws and regulations (ie: eligibility to work, recruitment practices in line with all anti discrimination and equal rights legislation)
- Effectively collaborate cross functionally within the People team to ensure a strong candidate experience translates into a strong employee and team experience
- Show up every day ready to be a badass superhero
- 5+ years of full cycle recruiting experience preferably within the Apparel/Design, Retail, Consumer Goods or High tech industry
- Comprehensive in-house recruiting experience with a strong understanding of how to navigate within an organization to successfully make quality hires
- Experience recruiting in a high growth, fast paced environment
- Previous experience leading or mentoring more junior professionals
- Knowledge of the product lifecycle is considered a asset
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At SAXX we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace community, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Why WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote Talent Acquisition Manager in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!