Date PostedOct 6, 2020
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for an Inventory Specialist to join the team based at our Vancouver office.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
Responsible for optimizing the in-season global allocation of stock on hand between channels and warehouse locations. The definition of channels is Wholesale, Ecommerce and Market-Places such as Amazon and Zalando. This role is the expert in what stock is available, for what channel, in which location at what price and in what quality. It will upload, administer, and collapse Ecommerce and Amazon bulk forecasts in SAXX ERP. It will have a strong understanding of SAXX’s supply chain and standard operating procedures. In collaboration with the Amazon Manager, it will operate in SAXX ERP the transfer of inventory into the regional Amazon distribution centers. It will highlight low or out of stock risks across all warehouse locations and will take appropriate action to rebalance inventory where it is cost effective to do so and under the approval of Demand Planning. It will highlight aged inventory risks and take appropriate action to reduce it.
This role has exceptional observation and excel skills, is highly competent in ERP operations and has meticulous attention to detail. It will successfully oversee the flow of inventory across multiple warehouse locations, staying on top of stock levels, sales initiatives, and price points. It has strong inter-personal communication and negotiation skills to ensure that inventory is deployed where it will return the best investment, achieve sales objectives, and meet commitments to internal and external customers.
- Loading and administering the monthly Ecommerce and Amazon forecast bulk orders in ERP, on direction of Demand Planning
- Releasing inventory ringfenced for D2C back to general availability once that inventory is no longer required by that channel, keeping track of the volume of inventory released back to ATS monthly
- Combine Amazon stock on hand and sell through reports to determine what volume of inventory from the bulk forecasts to transfer to Amazon, or release back to stock.
- Operating in ERP the transfer of inventory between warehouses and Market-place distribution centers.
- Running monthly sell through and low/out of stock/negative stock reports to make recommendations on inter-regional transfer of stock.
- Operating inter-regional stock transfers, creating commercial transfer paperwork where required.
- Maintaining the Projected Forecast Purchases in SAXX ERP on direction of Demand Planning.
- Creating Point of Purchase/Fixture purchase orders in SAXX ERP on direction of Operations and acting as liaison between Manufacturers and Logistics.
- Recommending how much delayed inbound stock needs to be escalated to air freight to meet sales objectives, subject to Demand Planning approval.
- Supporting Demand Planning function in completing other operational tasks as required.
- 2+ years of related experience optimizing inventory flow across global distribution centers.
- Experience of operating within ERP platform: purchase orders, sales orders, merchandize receipts, inventory reporting.
- Strong technical data management. Excel to advanced level required.
- Strong observation/analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Flexibility in managing competing priorities and changing expectations while achieving results is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills including written, verbal, listening and presentation.
- Knowledge of supply chain management, global distribution practices, inventory management, business, economics, basic accounting, statistics, and project management methodologies is desired.
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Stay fit with our in-office gym
Please forward your resume and quote Inventory Specialist in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.Apply