Junior Product Developer
- Date Posted Nov 24, 2022
- Location Portland, USA
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Term Full Time
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Junior Product Developer to join the team based at our Portland office location. This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX was ranked #1 men’s boxer brief brand in the USA and listed as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators 2022!
THE JUNIOR PRODUCT DEVELOPER WILL….
Contribute to the Product Creation process of innovative and technical socks, underwear, and apparel, ensuring timely development and execution of the highest level of quality required to deliver a product that meets SAXX standards. To be successful in this role the Junior Product Developer must be attentive to detail and quality, be results-oriented, have strong written and verbal communication skills, and develop excellent relationships with vendors and internal business partners.
- Approve, communicate, track, and document all bulk material and TOP submissions with vendor partners
- Maintain all style files and sample libraries associated with the seasonal product assortment
- Prepare garments for fit sessions and assist Product Development in live model fittings. Contribute to the post-fit session communication with detailed construction notes, specific adjustments, and updated technology packs to ensure product fit and quality.
- Assist in the SMU and licensed product process including costing, sampling, special packaging development, and final approvals. Coordinate sample delivery with sales and marketing. Ensure products are accurately commercialized and all assets are delivered on time
- Manage the tracking and delivery of seasonal photo and salesmen samples. Communicate with overseas vendors to ensure samples are received on time. Review samples with design, manage and communicate changes with factories, Sales, and Marketing
- Maintain style-specific data in PLM system. Ensuring all entry is accurate and timely.
- Confident in knowing the requirements for compliance with brand, regulatory, and other country-specific standards and ensure these are executed in the product
- Establish solid partnerships with new and existing vendors thru clear and concise communication and direction
- Bachelor's degree in Apparel Design, Textiles, Manufacturing, or Merchandising; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 2 years in the apparel industry specifically in product development, garment manufacturing, technical design, or quality assurance
- Proficient skills required in Microsoft Office Excel, and Adobe Illustrator. Experience and skills in a Product Lifecycle Management system preferred
- Has full knowledge of the apparel product development process and has a basic knowledge of fit, construction, and manufacturing processes
- Strong attention to detail with a high accuracy Level: the ability to deliver accurate data on a timely basis
- Proven ability to be decisive, problem solve & resolve issues; curiosity and research-based skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships with cross-functional team members and external partners, and to communicate clearly across time zones and cultures
- Superior negotiating and organizational skills
- Deadline driven with a track record for delivering great results on time
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At SAXX we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace community, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your well-being
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account.
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style.
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community.
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating.
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals.
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters.
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym.
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned that most of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the post-pandemic world evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements to ensure we are supporting our SAXX community and our business.
Please forward your resume and quote JUNIOR PRODUCT DEVELOPER in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!