Business Intelligence Developer
Date PostedOctober 21, 2021
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE DEVELOPER to join the team based at our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
Working in an Agile environment, support and extend the enterprise BI platforms, data models, and data culture. This is a unique opportunity to work at a company where data-driven decision making is a strategic pillar, not an afterthought. If you’re a BI developer with Tableau development experience, we’d love to speak with you.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on the enterprise BI platforms and data models as well as the business operations that govern them
- Work collaboratively with business stakeholders to identify analytics opportunities and establish metrics to support insight-driven decision making
- Design, develop, and administrator data models that convert raw data to more readily usable formats for the consumption of the enterprise BI platforms, including reporting, data mining, etc.
- Design and implement reports and dashboards to meet the analytics needs of various business units
- Advise departments on potential sources of raw data and integrating new data sources into the corporate environment
- Assist in implementing effective business analytics practices that drive improved decision making, efficiency and performance
- Ensure availability and accuracy of reports to support business operations
- Identify, communicate, and resolve data quality and data reconciliation
- Perform technical troubleshooting, code debugging, and problem solving for custom built data warehousing solutions
- Ensure optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information
- Monitor and ensure adoption of BI tools by providing training, documentation and support to users
- Perform software and system maintenance and upgrades relating to the BI platform
- Administer licenses for user access to BI tools and identify opportunities for cost-savings through efficient licensing and infrastructure
- Degree or Diploma in computer science, BI, or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience developing solutions in Tableau
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability to change
- High degree of responsibility and attention to detail
- Proven track record of delivering collaborative and business-focused solutions
- Data architecture experience
- Experience in the retail or apparel industry
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience developing solutions in QlikView and/or QlikSense
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Stay fit with our in-office gym
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE DEVELOPER in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.Apply