Business Intelligence Developer
Date PostedJanuary 26, 2022
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE DEVELOPER to join the team based at our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
Working in an Agile environment, support and extend the enterprise Business Intelligence (BI) platforms, data models, and data culture. This is a unique opportunity to work at a company where data-driven decision making is a strategic pillar, not an afterthought. If you’re an experienced Business Intelligence Developer looking for an innovative, entrepreneurial, fast-paced company with a great team spirit that has the support of a recognized brand, we encourage you to apply and join us! We’d love to speak with you.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on the enterprise BI platforms, data models, solutions as well as the business operations that govern them
- Work collaboratively with business stakeholders to identify analytics opportunities and establish metrics to support insight-driven decision making
- Carry out impact studies, requirements gathering and provide estimates
- Design, develop, and administrate data models and processes that support data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management that convert raw data to more readily usable formats for consumption in the enterprise BI platforms, including reporting, data mining, etc.
- Design, implement and support data provisioning, reports, and dashboards to meet the analytics needs of various business units while following and enhancing BI standards and best practices across the organization
- Conduct multidisciplinary and multi-level stakeholder meetings to gather business requirements and provide user training in non-technical language
- Translate business requirements into technical designs suitable for technical audiences
- Write documents and make presentations for an internal user community
- Advise departments on potential sources of data and integrate new data sources into the corporate environment
- Ensure optimal end user performance by establishing and consistently executing overall system performance assessment processes and associated action plans
- Perform and document testing and validation (unit / integrated) for developed solutions
- Assist in implementing effective business analytics practices that drive improved decision making, efficiency and performance
- Ensure availability and accuracy of reports and dashboards to support business operations
- Identify, communicate, and resolve data quality and data reconciliation issues
- Perform technical troubleshooting, code debugging, and problem solving for custom built data warehousing solutions
- Ensure optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information
- Monitor and ensure adoption of BI tools by providing training, documentation, and support to users
- Perform software and system maintenance and upgrades relating to the BI platform; document business intelligence and information management solutions.
- Manage licenses for user access to BI tools and identify opportunities for cost-savings through efficient licensing and infrastructure
- Degree or Diploma in computer science, Business Intelligence, or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience developing Business Intelligence solutions (Tableau / Qlik Sense / Qlik View / Power BI, SQLServer, SSIS, SSRS);
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) and strong SQL optimization skills
- Strong solution design experience including Data modeling, data presentation, data visualization, definition of key performance indicators, ETL processing;
- Good knowledge of relational databases and SQL language;
- Experience integrating data from different sources (API, Databases, files, etc.)
- Experience performing root cause analysis on data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Physical and logical design of database architecture for relational databases, data warehouses and datalakes
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability to change
- High degree of responsibility and attention to detail
- Proven track record of delivering collaborative and business-focused solutions
- Database administration, optimization, data replication, database recovery and performance tuning.
- Experience in the retail or apparel industry
- Experience in an operational role supporting data platforms and business intelligence solutions.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Stay fit with our in-office gym
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE DEVELOPER in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.Apply