Chief Financial Officer
Date PostedJuly, 6 2022
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Chief Financial Officer to join the team based out of our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
THE CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER WILL….
Be a key member of the Executive Leadership Team and will be instrumental in identifying and enabling the company’s growth strategies. This role will be a trusted and strategic business advisor to the CEO, board and executive team, working in collaborative partnership to propel SAXX forward through a combination of financial, business and digital acumen, while delivering on the core mandate to provide sound financial reporting and operational management within a high growth and rapidly scaling organization.
- Develop and execute the overall financial strategy ensuring it aligns with the company’s strategic goals.
- Provide strategic management for all financial operations and accounting, corporate finance, and intellectual property functions.
- Act as a strategic business partner on key business decisions through advice-based sound commercial judgement, highlighting options based on sophisticated financial modelling, trade-offs, risks, and opportunities.
- Oversee financial systems ensuring that infrastructure necessary to fulfill the company’s current operations and growth objectives are functional and in place. Champion the implementation of a new Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- Oversee financial processes and procedures (company-wide budgeting, cost management, financial reporting, and audits) and establish strong financial discipline across the organization.
- Oversee cash management and capital structure needs, identify, and monitor working capital and debt financing requirements. Manage insurance requirements.
- Regularly interact with company’s bank lending group including preparation of monthly reports, quarterly covenant certificates and MD&A, and satisfaction of annual reporting requirements as well as maintaining ongoing compliance with credit documentation.
- Management of global IP protection, risk, enterprise-wide contracts, and compliance.
- Mentor and develop the Finance team, managing work allocation, systems training, performance, and the building of an effective, efficient, and collaborative team dynamic.
- Work with the board of directors and various sub committees, taking responsibility for effective financial reporting and risk management.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, provincial, state, and federal tax returns.
- Ensure compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors and oversee preparation and support of all external audits.
- Ensure compliance to regulatory reporting requirements.
- 10 or more years of experience in a leadership position; at least 5 years of executive leadership of the Finance function, in a range of small and mid sized, fast-growing organizations, preferably within apparel or consumer packaged goods.
- Bachelor 's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; CPA strongly preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
- Extensive cross border experience in the USA and Canada. Experience managing a global portfolio a definite asset.
- Extensive experience in working with investors and Company Board of Directors to ensure transparency and alignment of objectives/strategy.
- Experience working within a private equity backed organizational structure.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to develop concise summaries of complex analyses and data appropriate for various levels of consumption ranging from board members to team members across the company.
- Evidence of strong relationship-building skills, cross-functional leadership capabilities and high emotional intelligence will be valued.
- Thrive in scale-up culture: dealing with a fast pace, evolving needs, and limited resources.
- Eligibility to travel between the US and Canada to attend meetings; ability to travel as needed.
WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing.
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account.
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style.
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community.
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating.
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals.
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea.
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters.
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym.
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary
Please forward your resume and quote CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!