Date PostedApril 27, 2021
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Copywriter to join the team based at our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
Report to the Copy Manager, the Copywriter will champion the SAXX brand voice, creating ad copy that aligns with our tone, values and style guide. This position helps bring the brand to life with compelling messaging in both digital and print mediums.
We’re looking for someone who has a way with words – a person who can nail an online product description, crank out a short string of ad copy, and master the art of email. We need someone who’s got a sharp eye and an even sharper wit, who is capable of translating technical features into meaningful products benefits our customer will immediately understand.
We don’t beat around the bush. We sell premium men’s underwear that our customers call “life-changing.” A desire to discuss the finer points of the male anatomy is a plus… No, really.
- Write brand-appropriate, creative pieces across all SAXX channels, including but not limited to: website, digital ads, email, podcasts and other scripts, catalogue, retail, and all seasonal marketing and product launches
- Support with seasonal product naming for a wide variety of underwear and apparel styles
- Work with product team to craft messaging points and consumer benefits for all new collections, delivering product descriptions and attributes
- Champion the brand voice – our tone, humor, style – and execute accordingly
- Edit and proofread content produced by other team members and partners as required
- Present work and build alignment around copy execution with key cross-functional stakeholders
- Interpret creative feedback and data into iterative versions through a multi-revision delivery process
- Establish effective communication mechanisms with key stakeholders
- Identify key cultural trends, moments, and conversations to jump on and watch out for
- A degree in Communications, Marketing, or equivalent
- 2- 3 years of ad copy writing experience, preferably in a consumer products category
- Excellent writing skills and razor-sharp wit, demonstrated by a portfolio of writing samples
- Ability to present and pitch your work to senior management
- Highly detail oriented – you notice the smallest details that others would miss
- Expert storyteller – your imagination can turn a pair of underwear into a page turner
- Sense of humour – you're going to be writing a lot about underwear
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Stay fit with our in-office gym
Please forward your resume and quote Copywriter in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.Apply