- Date: Posted Nov 25, 2022
- Location: Vancouver, canada
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Term: Full Time
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Demand Planner to join the team based at our Vancouver office location. This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX was ranked #1 men’s boxer brief brand in the USA and listed as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators 2022!
THE DEMAND PLANNER WILL….
Lead and execute for global product forecasting to support the long-range financial goals of the overall business. This role will create and maintain a long-range forecast model incorporating shipment history, retail analysis, safety stock models and other business intelligence indicators gathered from across the business to ensure customers receive the right product at the right place at the right time at the right cost. The Demand Planner is accountable for inventory, tracking fluctuations in demand in season and for identifying stock opportunities to maximize profitability, managing stock levels and closing stock position. The role will be able to work independently and collaborate effectively, communicating across Sales, Finance and Product to ensure successful execution of the forecast
- Developing seasonal demand forecasts at the style, color, size, time, booked and un-booked levels across multiple selling regions, channels and currencies
- Maintaining the QlikView Inventory module software as the primary forecasting reporting tool, adapting to new software solutions as required
- Analyzing historical shipment and consumer trends, researching demand drivers, preparing forecast data, developing statistical forecast models, and evaluating forecast results
- Working closely with the Retail Sales Analyst and Sales Directors to model strategies and timing to optimize in-season inventory opportunities to ensure SAXX is not in an out-of-stock position on replenishment
- Collaborating with Sales Directors to model by style and account the Revenue expectations for new Product extensions
- Actively engaging and collaborating with Sales Directors and Product Line Managers to establish seasonal assortments by channel/region
- Collaborating with the Product Line Manager to reconcile gross margin and product category forecast with consumer trends and market assumptions
- Driving seasonal buy reviews with Wholesale to review account bookings at the style-color level to inform Supply Planning the un-booked inventory to purchase from factories
- Collaborating with the Supply Planner to establish appropriate safety stock models to optimize the amount of stock on hand
- Communicating demand to Production and Logistics in line with the Production Calendar to ensure product can ship >95% by Ocean FCL transit routes
- Providing long range forecasts to Supply Planning to optimize lead time and capacity planning
- Identifying stock opportunities and risks in-season against plans and providing actionable recommendations to improve results
- Driving Monthly Inventory reviews with Sales Directors to maximize selling opportunities with stock on hand to achieve the un-booked seasonal forecast
- Leading and establishing effective communication mechanisms with key stakeholders across Sales, Marketing, Production and Finance to ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts
- Providing insight to Supply Planning/Production/Merchandize Planning to develop inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- College degree in business, economics, applied science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in a Wholesale Demand Planning role
- Proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- Advanced understanding and use of Excel is required (Macros)
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail a must
- Knowledge of supply chain management, global distribution practices, inventory management, business, economics, basic accounting, statistics, and project management methodologies is a strong asset
- APICS or other forecasting Certification preferred
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced changing environment
- Knowledge of, and experience with ERP systems (D365) and BI Tools (QlikView) required
- Ability to organize and analyze large amounts of data to make knowledgeable business decisions
- Desire and flexibility in managing competing priorities and changing expectations while achieving results is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills including written, verbal, listening and presentation
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At SAXX we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace community, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your well-being
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account.
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style.
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community.
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating.
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals.
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters.
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym.
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned that most of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the post-pandemic world evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements to ensure we are supporting our SAXX community and our business.
Please forward your resume and quote DEMAND PLANNER in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!