IT Infrastructure Manager
- Date: Posted Jan 09, 2023
- Location: Vancouver, Canada
- Contact: email@example.com
- Term: Full Time
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a IT Infrastructure Manager to join the team based at our Vancouver/Portland office location. This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX was ranked #1 men’s boxer brief brand in the USA and listed as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators 2022!
THE IT Infrastructure Manager WILL….
Provide leadership and support to SAXX’s IT Infrastructure and employee-facing Helpdesk team. This is a unique opportunity to work mostly remote at a fast-growing company with a cloud-based tech stack. If you’re an IT leader who can get hands-on with networking, system administration, and AWS architecture, we’d love to speak with you.
- Manage the IT Infrastructure department, including Helpdesk, System Administration, and IT Infrastructure
- Manage the IT infrastructure including: servers, server O/S, Hyper-V, Cloud server environments, storage, routers, switches, and all other infrastructure and systems components
- Develop, implement, and monitor a comprehensive AWS and Azure cloud management program
- Establish and continuously improve helpdesk KPIs
- Ensure all employees have reliable connectivity to company resources, regardless of their location
- Create and maintain SAXX’s Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan, in partnership with the Cybersecurity Manager
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies and best practices
- Monitor and facilitate the adoption of software and hardware across the organization
- Manage relationships and contracts with 3rd party software and hardware vendors
- Lead successful team outcomes by tracking goals, participating in regular one-on-ones, and overseeing work assignments
- Provide leadership for requirements gathering, short and long-term planning, and sequencing of work plan items
- Create, approve, and track project budgets, ensuring alignment to the department budget
- Work closely with cross-functional leaders to ensure efficient and superior business operations
- Provide mentorship, coaching, and career development opportunities to your team to help drive their career and achieve their best
- Foster a fun and engaging team environment that celebrates success
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or relevant qualification
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing IT Infrastructure and Helpdesk
- Minimum 3 years’ hands-on experience in O365 Admin
- Comprehensive knowledge of key operating systems (Microsoft, Linux, Mac O/S)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or SysOps Administrator credential
- Experience with networking using routers, switches and firewalls including the OSI Model and TCP/IP stack
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of flexibility with the ability to adapt to a changing environment
- High degree of responsibility and attention to detail
- Proven track record of delivering collaborative and business-focused solutions
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with the ITIL framework
- Azure certification or experience
- CCNA, ACSA, and/or CompTIA Network+ or A+ Certifications
- Background as a Network Admin
Why WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote IT Infrastructure and Security Manager in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!