- Date: Posted Jan 06, 2023
- Location: Vancouver, Canada
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Term: Full Time
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT to join the team based at our Vancouver office location. This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX was ranked #1 men’s boxer brief brand in the USA and listed as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators 2022!
THE JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT WILL….
Provide financial, administrative, and clerical services in a multi-company environment. The Junior Accountant will play an important role in the daily operations of the Finance department and the timely preparation of month-end financial statements. This includes, but is not limited to, updating cashflow, reconciling GL accounts, posting journal entries and adjustments, setting up new and improving existing financial processes and procedures, supporting the preparation of financial statements, and providing assistance to the Finance Department to help it meet its deadlines in an accurate, timely, and reliable manner.
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the successful candidate must be highly motivated, thrive in an ever-changing environment, and maintain a high level of professionalism, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Perform bank reconciliations, cheque clearing and liaise with the bank as required
- Updating cashflow work sheets to support cashflow management and forecasting processes
- Ensure proper documentation, authorization, and account classification
- Work with Senior Accountant to reconcile revenues recorded in the ERP against Amazon and other marketplace sales reports
- Upload, issue and correct invoices and credit notes and liasie with Credit team to resolve discrepancies
- Support balance sheet reconciliations and analysis
- Support accounting entries required to ensure proper accounting reports
- Assist with standardizing and improving business processes and procedures
- Assist with year-end financial audit and other audits by compiling necessary information including audit samples, account analysis and reconciliation and preparing working papers
- Support other accounting team members as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 1 year of accounting experience preferred
- Working towards a CPA designation considered an asset
- Advanced skills with MS Office Suite, including Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 is considered an asset, but not required
- Accurate and efficient to ensure information entered is error-free
- Ability to adapt and focus under pressure to adjust to changing priorities and meet deadlines
- A Team player who encourages others and who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A desire to generate innovative ideas with the drive to seek out opportunities for development
- Customer Service-driven. One who leads by example to exceed expectations and always goes the extra mile for their team, customers and partners.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At SAXX we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace community, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Why WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote Junior Accountant in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!