- Date Posted Oct 20, 2022
- Location Portland, USA
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Term Full Time
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Product Developer to join the team based at our Portland office location. This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX was ranked #1 men’s boxer brief brand in the USA and listed as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators 2022!
THE Product Developer WILL….
Manage the development of innovative and technical socks, apparel, and underwear products that meet or exceed the gross margin targets set by the business. They work with the Saxx design team and factories, ensuring products meet the design vision while delivering consistent fit and quality. They ensure that products are developed within the product creation calendar to support the businesses go-to-market objectives.
The ideal product developer is attentive to quality, has exemplary customer service skills and a strong degree of ownership. They understand apparel fit and construction and can proactively communicate requirements and changes. To be successful in this role the product developer must be detail focused, results-oriented, have strong communications skills, and develop excellent relationships with vendors and internal business partners.
- Responsible for product creation of assigned categories from design hand-off to production including the creation and ownership of tech packs throughout the development season, ensuring seamless communication with the factories and delivering correct prototypes.
- Manage the fit and evaluation of prototypes ensuring all products meet SAXX standards, achieve the creative intention and functional performance vision, and are fully commercialized prior to seasonal order placements.
- Partner with Design and Suppliers to develop new trims, construction techniques, and processes to create innovative and technically superior products.
- Manage the ordering of seasonal photo and salesman samples, including communication with Sales and Marketing. Ensure greige, fabric and sample orders are placed according to the seasonal calendar to achieve required due dates.
- Maintain and leverage strong partnerships with SAXX’s agents and factories. Understand requirements for compliance to brand, regulatory, and other country-specific standards and ensure these are executed in product and detailed on packaging.
- Drive multiple project timelines and ensure internal team makes decisions as needed to meet product creation and production deadlines.
Sourcing and Product Costing
- Execute SAXX’s long- and short-term global source strategy to support the brand goals for pricing, quality and timely deliveries.
- Ensure products are engineered to cost standards and negotiate costs on a seasonal basis to maintain margin requirements.
- Execute the seasonal costing process, working closely with vendor partners to maintain design integrity while meeting or exceeding margin goals.
- Manage product cost input into the PLM system, ensuring accuracy and visibility throughout seasonal development.
- Partner with the Product Development Manager to on-board new vendors, supporting the sourcing strategy.
- Bachelor's degree in Apparel Design, Textiles, Manufacturing, Merchandising; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years in product development, garment manufacturing, technical design or quality assurance.
- Demonstrates a solid product knowledge of fit, construction, materials, and knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Experience working in apparel product development, costing or manufacturing with off shore suppliers.
- In-depth working knowledge of garment manufacturing processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to problem solve & resolve issues; curiosity and information seeking skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships with cross-functional team members and external partners, and to communicate clearly across time zones and cultures.
- Exceptionally strong negotiating skills and organizational skills.
- Deadline driven with track record for delivering great results on time.
- Proficient skills in PC use and applications, including Microsoft Office Excel, Adobe Illustrator.
- Proficiency and working knowledge of Apparel and Materials Product Data Management systems and tools a plus.
- International travel required.
Why WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage to support your wellbeing.
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and an Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style.
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community.
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating.
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals.
- Join a fast-growing company and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters.
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At SAXX we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace community, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Please forward your resume and quote Product Developer in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!