Retail Marketing Manager - Canada
Date PostedSeptember 1, 2022
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Retail Marketing Manager – Canada to join the team based at our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX was ranked #1 men’s boxer brief brand in the USA and listed as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators 2022!
THE RETAIL MARKETING MANAGE – CANADA WILL….
Be responsible for the development and implementation of omnichannel marketing tactics within the SAXX wholesale channel. These tactics should stay true to the premium nature of the SAXX brand, convey the unique brand personality and reflect the broader, overarching SAXX brand strategy. Reporting to the Global Retail Marketing Manager, this role closely partners with our Canadian Sales Director and VP of Sales to ensure account marketing strategy is contributing to overall business goals. The Retail Marketing Manager – Canada manages relationships with Canadian wholesale account partners and is tasked with creating collaborative and effective employee partnerships cross functionally within SAXX. The goal of this position is to support in continued key account growth, drive brand awareness, recruit new customers through product trial and retain existing customers using cross-selling initiatives.
Omni-Channel Account Management:
- Develop and implement key account growth marketing plans, activation concepts and omnichannel brand strategies, that are innovative, creative and demonstrate a healthy return on investment.
- Execute omni-channel campaign strategies that support new product launches and key seasonal retail moments, driving traffic to both retail eCommerce sites and their brick-and-mortar locations, with the objective of increasing the sell through rate of SAXX products collections.
- Manage bespoke collaborations between the SAXX brand and key retailer partners.
- Provide tactical direction for in-store retail events.
- Collaborate with Canadian Sales team on the development and execution of Canadian tradeshows.
- Lead the internal SAXX team and external vendors in the seasonal sales meeting development, execution and post-program analysis.
- Manage the Canadian fixture program, ensuring that POP, fixtures and displays are all current and in line with the brand guidelines.
- Review monthly sales and metrics reports to ensure a thorough knowledge of retailer sales; track key retailers, category and competitor trends and make recommendations for future programs, including at internal go-to-market meetings.
- Present results from executed campaigns and activations with retailers and at internal post-season discussion sessions.
- Partner in the development and execution of SAXX experiential retail shop-in-shops and pop-up shops.
- Operate as a thought partner and active contributor in the go-to-market process.
- Develop and manage merchandising and co-op budgets in collaboration with key cross functional stakeholders.
Partnership Collaboration & Management:
- Build collaborative and supportive relationships with all members of the Brand team as well as key cross functional partners (Operations, Sales, Customer Service etc).
- Act as strategic planning partner with Canadian Sales team by identifying seasonal business goals, and strategize account marketing plan accordingly.
- Act as marketing liaison between Sales and Marketing departments in the execution of the account marketing plans.
- Brief in any required retail campaign assets in line with internal workback schedules to ensure on time delivery.
- Liaise with Canadian sales reps and agencies to approve, co-ordinate and execute on any independent retailer activation requests.
- Lead and partner with external partners (agencies, external staff + vendors).
- Establish and grow partnerships with strategic retail partners.
- Manage and optimize Canadian retail servicing programs and wholesale asset management platform.
- Visit retailer headquarters and store locations as needed to meet / build relationships / conduct research.
- 5+ years’ experience in a role focused on the execution of omni channel marketing initiatives, experience in apparel industry a plus
- Project management experience in event planning
- Proven knowledge of all marketing channels including digital, social, online, partnerships and account
- Skilled at building collaborative, effective and mutually rewarding relationships within internal and external partners
- Proven ability to communicate plans across a complex matrix on a corporate, regional and functional basis
- High aptitude for creative thinking balanced against bottom line business needs
- Highly analytical and an expert in analyzing metrics, identifying trends and developing data-driven recommendations and strategies based on insights
- Able to manage project deadlines within established cost and time frame
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At SAXX we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace community, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Why WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote Retail Marketing Manager – Canada in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!